Monday, March 02, 2009

new idea

I was thinking (no it didn't hurt) and had a new idea. I thought i'd create a forum/board and this way no one is expecting me to make updates on the blog. You'd all be responsible for posting your own news/pictures etc.

If anyone is reading this send me an email or comment below and let me know what you think of that idea!

if you don't know what a forum is... here is an example (its the support forum for the software i was thinking I'd use) that would give you an idea of a look and feel.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=46


I'd be able to lock down the board and entire site so that no one can read/access it unless they are registered (which of course would have to go through me for approval).

I was also considering setting up our own domain (like cosgrovefamilyboard.com or something like that depending on availability) and I found a good place to host the site (own server space/bandwidth - no pesky ads showing up all over the place).

so please let me know what you think, i want to be sure there is interest before i go ahead with the setup....

Thanks!

No comments: